For months we had been talking excitedly about our next adventure. However, as the days counted down to our departure for the Colorado Trail, a 540 mile hiking and mountain bike route that stretches from Denver to Durango, I experienced an unexpectedly different feeling from other bike tours I’d prepared for. Typically I would plan […]
I’m jumping back into the Blogosphere. It’s been a busy and challenging last several months, but I’ve arrived back in the Bay Area (living in Oak Land to be precise) and have lots of new things to write about. What I’m most excited about at the moment is something I’ve been working on for a […]
I’ve been in Utah now for three months, and it’s been an interesting experience. I came out to work at the Backroads warehouse working on fleet bikes, but left at the end of February. I’m now working at a really great pro-shop here in Salt Lake City called Contender Bicycles. Somebody I met recently was […]
I’m back in Utah, Salt Lake City to be precise. The last time was in June, 2012 for my initial training with Backroads. Before I left the Bay Area, I was able catch up with some friends and family. One of these was Jim Thill, the owner of Hiawatha Cyclery, and formerly the writer of […]
Olivia has finally gotten 99% of her gear together for the big New Zealand adventure. She picked up a neat little tool and I wanted to watch her try it for the first time. The Stein Mini Cassette Lockring Remover. This clever little tool takes the place of a conventional cassette removal tool setup, which […]
It’s been a fun week watching Olivia receive box after box of new gear in preparation for her bikepacking adventure in New Zealand. These boxes are only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and came while I was house sitting/taking care of this little guy: I’ve been helping Olivia sort out her pack list, and […]
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Daniel: The Philcentric has less adjustability than a stan...
- Robert: Does it allow enough adjustment for the entire cha...
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...
- Peter: I purchased a 2010 Motobecane Fantom 29 on clearen...