Today I had the day off and went for a little ride… but not before eating some of my Easter ham soup! I’ve made this for the last three years, with the leftover ham bone and lots
It must be that time of the year, because I got to meet two more long distance bike tourists the other day, both very interesting and with two distinctly different style bikes. This is Juan Tunon Martinez, and he’s riding a Surly Big Dummy equipped with a Rohloff Speedhub. Juan is riding from Tierra del […]
I’m extremely excited to announce that myself and Aaron G, who has been featured here before, are going to be spending just under a month bike touring in the northern Indian Himalayas. We just booked our flights, and will be heading out mid August. Currently the plan is to ride a variation of the Manali-Leh […]
I like helping people find just the right bike for their needs. I’m happy to sell somebody a fancy carbon road bike or a simple fixed gear, but my absolute favorite kind of customer is one who comes in asking for a touring bike, to be used for an actual tour. Here are a couple […]
The wheelset on my bike is very tough. I currently have in the back a Rohloff Speedhub Disc laced to a 32 spoke Mavic EX721 rim, and in the front a Schmidt SON28 Disc generator hub laced to the same rim in 36 holes. Because I can’t leave well enough alone, I decided to upgrade […]
A couple week ago a customer named Julien came in asking about xtracycle based touring bikes. I got very excited, and told him about the Surly Big Dummy, a bike that I owned and loved before my current touring/mountain bike. He was planning a bike tour across the country, carrying musical equipment and playing shows […]
A customer came in today during our big spring cleaning sale with a set of handlebars that have the worst case of toxic sweat corrosion I’ve ever seen.He uses this bike on a home trainer in his garage and had noticed that his bars were flexing quite a bit. After unwrapping the bar tape, he […]
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- An Overnight Bike Camping Kit April 19, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Thomas: I still enjoy/inspired by rereading....
- Daniel: The Philcentric has less adjustability than a stan...
- Robert: Does it allow enough adjustment for the entire cha...
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...