Last week I met Matthew and Crystal, who are about to embark on a cross country bicycle tour, following the Adventure Cycling TransAm route.
I went out camping last night with my buddy Grant. It had been a while, and I need to train for the Himalayas, so we decided to go to the highest, toughest and rockiest spot on Mt. Diablo. It had been raining earlier that day, but
I recently ordered two sets of big fat touring tires, 26×2.25″ Schwalbe Marathon XRs, which I used in a 700c version on the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route back in 2008, and a set of Marathon Extremes in the same size. I’ve been using the Extremes for the last 1.5 years on a Surly Big [...]
Because everybody knows that writing a blog and working in a bike shop are highly desirable careers among the middle school set, I was recently invited to give a talk at a local school for career day. I remember being in 6-8th grade once, and I can tell you that my dreams at the time [...]
I finally finished and delivered my dad’s new bike! He came by with my Grandpa on Saturday to pick it up, and I think it’s safe to say that he likes the bike. These are the kinds of projects I enjoy doing, where somebody basically says “Build me the touring bike of your dreams!” As [...]
I made the rounds this morning, picked up my tote bag, and visited a couple of energizer stations set up by the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. There were probably twice as many cyclists out as there normally would be, which is great! I also took the opportunity to renew my membership to the SFBC. Thanks [...]
Last Wednesday I rode out to Samuel P Taylor state park, to try out some new gear. I have some new bags from Carousel Design Works, and a new tent, sleeping bag and pad.Woohoo! New Hilleberg Akto tent fits my 6’4″ body very well and only weighs a little over
Last week a San Francisco based technology magazine used our shop for a photo shoot of a bike build using Shimano’s electronic shifting system.
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- New Gear and Prepping Olivia’s Adventure December 20, 2012
- Back On The Saddle, In The Tent December 10, 2012
- Richard: You may not know but you are now using the Rohloff...
- Hernan Carrillo: Cheers Daniel! May life changes be good to you....
- Daniel: Thanks Nuno, glad to hear from you!...
- Nuno Pimenta: great trip. love the blog. I'm a fresh bike comu...
- Daniel: I just used some white paint that was lying around...