I somehow found the only 236mm spokes in Leh for my rear wheel, and we are going to head out tomorrow for a 4 day loop of Khardung La, highest road in the world. We had a very nice 70th birthday dinner with John last night, one of our fellow travelers who left Leh this […]
We have all made it here safe and sound! I broke 5 spokes and had to limp in after moving a couple of drive side spokes to the disc side (where they broke) in an attempt to even out the wobbles a bit. Sleeping in a tent/home stay/dhaba has been exciting and I’ll have lots […]
We have made it to Manali, the starting point on our bike journey. We had a long flight from SFO to Heathrow followed by a 8 hour layover before boarding our flight to Delhi. It was a huge culture shock first arriving in India, and our first taxi ride in a half sized minivan with […]
Thanks to everybody who came out on Sunday, it was a great time! Yesterday we packed up our bikes and I picked up some last minute camera gear. We are leaving for the airport this afternoon for our very long flight to Delhi. Stay tuned!
Come on out to Mojo Bicycle Cafe on Divisadero and Grove tonight to say ‘Hi’ and help send us off on our adventure with a bang! We’ll be there from around 6pm-10pm. Come get a beer and chat with Aaron, Jorge and myself and share your own bicycle touring stories with us!
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...
- Peter: I purchased a 2010 Motobecane Fantom 29 on clearen...
- Daniel: I don't currently work in a shop, only writing fr...
- Isaiah: Sagely post, Daniel. It's too true that all the b...