I went on a fun dirt ride yesterday, and used Strava for the first time. It’s a fun website where you can track your rides and compare with other Strava members using an iPhone, Android or Garmin device. It works like a social network, and you can join different teams to compete in challenges. I’m [...]
I’m now writing the blog for the shop I work at, American Cyclery. You can check it out at www.americancyclery.com/blog. This shouldn’t detract too much from the posting here, and in fact I’m hoping to increase my posting frequency. I got two more Unknown Rolls of film developed the other day, unfortunately not too much [...]
Schwalbe has really dropped the ball on their current tire offerings for the expedition touring crowd. I just noticed that they have discontinued the Marathon Extreme tire in all sizes except for the 26×2.0” and 700x42mm. This means that Schwalbe has absolutely zero Marathon tires in the 26×2.25” size, which I believe is a huge [...]
I’ve been running around and doing lots of riding since the last post. Living in the Presidio has been great for the base mileage, I have to ride to get ANYWHERE! Thanks to everybody who came out to the BikeShare presentations, it was a great show, even if we did get rocked by an earthquake! [...]
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- New Gear and Prepping Olivia’s Adventure December 20, 2012
- Tom Keenan: Dan, Congratulations on the article. Yea for t...
- Richard: You may not know but you are now using the Rohloff...
- Hernan Carrillo: Cheers Daniel! May life changes be good to you....
- Daniel: Thanks Nuno, glad to hear from you!...
- Nuno Pimenta: great trip. love the blog. I'm a fresh bike comu...