Many people carry some sort of repair kit while riding their bicycle, but when’s the last time you compared yours with somebody else or really thought about it? Here’s mine: I keep everything in a Carousel Design Works bag, which is conveniently sized for this application and has a water-resistant zipper. It’s pretty simple but […]
They say that the best camera is the one you have with you. These days almost anything will work for as a travel camera. In India, Jorge and Aaron brought nothing but their iPhone 4 cameras. I remember reading at one point that the iPhone 4 was the most used camera on Flickr! When I […]
I often talk with people who want to go bike camping, but feel intimidated by the amount of gear needed to do so even for one night. The nice thing about going on a short camping trip in good weather is that the gear demands are much less than a ‘bike tour’ or winter camping […]
I’ve been recently using a new wallet from the San Francisco based company Mr Smith Inc. It’s called the Jimi wallet, and it’s the best thing I’ve found so far as a minimalist front pocket cycling wallet. It stays closed securely and will open with a firm push at the latch. The wallet is water […]
The Mariachi is finally ready for Action. The last parts are in place, including this one:Eriksen Sweetpost.It has approximately twice the setback of my Thomson Elite post, and the brown hardware matches the mud that will inevitably be flung upon it. Now that the system is in place, it was time to give it a […]
After setting up the Mariachi with a frame bag, I knew that I needed another option for carrying a water bottle, so I called up Cameron Falconer to see about installing a set of bosses on the down tube. He was excited to help and show me around his workspace.
I’ve decided to get rid of my Inglis since I’ll be taking the Mariachi with me to Backroads. It’s parked at the corner of Frederick and Stanyan unlocked, feel free to take it. Glad I can give back to the cycling community!
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...
- Peter: I purchased a 2010 Motobecane Fantom 29 on clearen...
- Daniel: I don't currently work in a shop, only writing fr...
- Isaiah: Sagely post, Daniel. It's too true that all the b...