To see Aaron’s initial review of the Surly Troll, it’s HERE. One year ago I built and reviewed a Surly Troll with a Rohloff Speedhub. Two chains, a few thousand miles and a couple of parts swaps later, the Troll is alive and shredding. Over the past year the Troll has performed [...]
After talking for about it for a year or so, my friend Michael Morgan has nearly finished the artwork for a poster for Pushing The Pedals. There will be only 100 made, and they will be all hand silk screened here in San Francisco. Stay tuned for mo buy cialis online re details! I went [...]
Another Monday, another campout. After coffee at Rapha, I headed out to Walnut Creek on BART to camp in the hills.
This morning I met up with Jorge to catch the start of the second stage of the Amgen Tour of California.
While camping the other night, Aaron commented that his repair kit is one of the heaviest things in his bags. I had him dump it all out so we could see what was inside. Everything seems so neat and tidy, until you open it up. Aaron is the guy you want to be with if you [...]
Yesterday I found this on the street: Scary, because it’s the same lock I use. It looks like it was cut with some kind of hydraulic bolt cutter, a very clean cut. Aaron and I got lucky with the weather on our overnight campout Monday. We started at the ferry building where we picked up some [...]
I’m officially (f)unemployed! It’s been a busy week moving out of my apartment and sorting out what exactly I’ll need for my new life and job on the road leading bicycle trips. This weekend I finally was able to relax a bit, ride the bike and shoot some photos. This was my favorite picture of [...]
My dad has decided that his ‘forever bike’ is not getting enough use and he’s decided to sell it. I built it from the frame up last year, and since then it’s been ridden approximately 150 miles. It’s a 62cm Co-Motion Americano with a Rohloff Speedhu cheapest generic cialis uk b and Gates belt drive. [...]
In case you aren’t aware, there is a company called Bikes Direct that sells bicycles right to your front door without the hassle of going to your neighborhood shop, and at a discount to viagra samples boot! Here’s the pitch: There are literally hundreds of models to choose from, all at around 50% off MSRP, [...]
Back in 2008, I met a fellow bicycle tourist on the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route named Scott Felter . I met a lot of people on that trip, and I didn’t recall much about our encounter until recently. My friend Cass Gilbert went up to Victoria, BC a few months ago to get some [...]
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- New Gear and Prepping Olivia’s Adventure December 20, 2012
- Tom Keenan: Dan, Congratulations on the article. Yea for t...
- Richard: You may not know but you are now using the Rohloff...
- Hernan Carrillo: Cheers Daniel! May life changes be good to you....
- Daniel: Thanks Nuno, glad to hear from you!...
- Nuno Pimenta: great trip. love the blog. I'm a fresh bike comu...