For months we had been talking excitedly about our next adventure. However, as the days counted down to our departure for the Colorado Trail, a 540 mile hiking and mountain bike route that stretches from Denver to Durango, I experienced an unexpectedly different feeling from other bike tours I’d prepared for. Typically I would plan […]
I’m jumping back into the Blogosphere. It’s been a busy and challenging last several months, but I’ve arrived back in the Bay Area (living in Oak Land to be precise) and have lots of new things to write about. What I’m most excited about at the moment is something I’ve been working on for a […]
I’ve been in Utah now for three months, and it’s been an interesting experience. I came out to work at the Backroads warehouse working on fleet bikes, but left at the end of February. I’m now working at a really great pro-shop here in Salt Lake City called Contender Bicycles. Somebody I met recently was […]
I’m back in Utah, Salt Lake City to be precise. The last time was in June, 2012 for my initial training with Backroads. Before I left the Bay Area, I was able catch up with some friends and family. One of these was Jim Thill, the owner of Hiawatha Cyclery, and formerly the writer of […]
Olivia has finally gotten 99% of her gear together for the big New Zealand adventure. She picked up a neat little tool and I wanted to watch her try it for the first time. The Stein Mini Cassette Lockring Remover. This clever little tool takes the place of a conventional cassette removal tool setup, which […]
It’s been a fun week watching Olivia receive box after box of new gear in preparation for her bikepacking adventure in New Zealand. These boxes are only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and came while I was house sitting/taking care of this little guy: I’ve been helping Olivia sort out her pack list, and […]
I’ve had the chance to get out bike camping a couple times since coming back home in November, with friends Olivia and Aaron G. Here are a few pics. It felt great to sort through my gear again, figure out how to fit it into the bags the right way and hop on. First […]
My season with Backroads has come to an end and I’m laying low in California for the time being. Here are some photos from the last part of my adventures abroad. cialis order uk Before leaving Dubrovnik, we sat down for a cappuccino outside the walled city, and jumped into the Adriatic for a little […]
Last week I was fortunate enough to be sent to Croatia as a roving mechanic for several days. Everybody at the office told me how wonderful Croatia is, but of course I was a bit skeptical. After arriving at 11pm during a rain storm, all I wanted to Buy Cialis Online Pharmacy do was get […]
My time in the Czech Republic and Austria has come to an end. I’m back in France, living in Provence and working as a mechanic in the Backroads bike shop until the staff ride in Crete. Stay tuned for a report from my Roving Mechanic time in Croatia. Leading trips this season with Backroads has […]
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- An Overnight Bike Camping Kit April 19, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Thomas: I still enjoy/inspired by rereading....
- Daniel: The Philcentric has less adjustability than a stan...
- Robert: Does it allow enough adjustment for the entire cha...
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...