Olivia has finally gotten 99% of her gear together for the big New Zealand adventure. She picked up a neat little tool and I wanted to watch her try it for the first time. The Stein Mini Cassette Lockring Remover. This clever little tool takes the place of a conventional cassette removal tool setup, which [...]
It’s been a fun week watching Olivia receive box after box of new gear in preparation for her bikepacking adventure in New Zealand. These boxes are only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and came while I was house sitting/taking care of this little guy: I’ve been helping Olivia sort out her pack list, and [...]
To see Aaron’s initial review of the Surly Troll, it’s HERE. One year ago I built and reviewed a Surly Troll with a Rohloff Speedhub. Two chains, a few thousand miles and a couple of parts swaps later, the Troll is alive and shredding. Over the past year the Troll has performed [...]
Back in 2008, I met a fellow bicycle tourist on the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route named Scott Felter . I met a lot of people on that trip, and I didn’t recall much about our encounter until recently. My friend Cass Gilbert went up to Victoria, BC a few months ago to get some [...]
I’ve been recently using a new wallet from the San Francisco based company Mr Smith Inc. It’s called the Jimi wallet, and it’s the best thing I’ve found so far as a minimalist front pocket cycling wallet. It stays closed securely and will open with a firm push at the latch. The wallet is water [...]
Before I start this post, if you want to see how a vacation video looks when it’s done right, check out what my friend Mike made! We Like Japan I’ve been enjoying using my lightweight seat and bar bags in an effort to reduce my pack weight and volume, but the biggest part of the [...]
Before I start today’s post, I thought I would ask you, the people who visit this site, what kind of topics would you like to see more of here? Less of? I’ve really appreciated all the comments and feedback over the last year, but I’m always looking to provide more interesting content. I recently made [...]
Schwalbe has really dropped the ball on their current tire offerings for the expedition touring crowd. I just noticed that they have discontinued the Marathon Extreme tire in all sizes except for the 26×2.0” and 700x42mm. This means that Schwalbe has absolutely zero Marathon tires in the 26×2.25” size, which I believe is a huge [...]
Earlier this year I received a sample pair of black Chrome Loop Pro Knickers in a size XL for review.
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- New Gear and Prepping Olivia’s Adventure December 20, 2012
- Back On The Saddle, In The Tent December 10, 2012
- Richard: You may not know but you are now using the Rohloff...
- Hernan Carrillo: Cheers Daniel! May life changes be good to you....
- Daniel: Thanks Nuno, glad to hear from you!...
- Nuno Pimenta: great trip. love the blog. I'm a fresh bike comu...
- Daniel: I just used some white paint that was lying around...