It’s been a fun week watching Olivia receive box after box of new gear in preparation for her bikepacking adventure in New Zealand. These boxes are only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and came while I was house sitting/taking care of this little guy: I’ve been helping Olivia sort out her pack list, and […]
My time in the Czech Republic and Austria has come to an end. I’m back in France, living in Provence and working as a mechanic in the Backroads bike shop until the staff ride in Crete. Stay tuned for a report from my Roving Mechanic time in Croatia. Leading trips this season with Backroads has […]
I’ve decided to get rid of my Inglis since I’ll be taking the Mariachi with me to Backroads. It’s parked at the corner of Frederick and Stanyan unlocked, feel free to take it. Glad I can give back to the cycling community!
As some of my friends now know, there is going to be a big change for me in the coming months. I’ve accepted a Trip Leader position with Backroads for this summer and fall. What this means is that I’ll be leaving my apartment in San Francisco and moving out on the road! It’s a […]
Yesterday I saw the most extreme case of brake/wheel neglect yet.
Cass left for a couple of weeks to visit his friend Scott from Porcelain Rocket up in Canada, and we had planned on going out on viagra in the uk a little bit longer trip, this time three days and two nights. Before we could get to the fun though, Cass had completely destroyed his […]
The weather forecast here in San Francisco calls for rain and cold for the next week. We’ve been spoiled by an amazingly warm and dry December and January, but knew it couldn’t last. I now find myself daydreaming about unpaved adventures with good friends.Indian Himalayas, way up high.Keeping warm with an improvised cow patty campfire.Great […]
Earlier this year I received a sample pair of black Chrome Loop Pro Knickers in a size XL for review.
Saw this GM ad this morning, via bikerumor: I personally think people are way hotter on bikes, but the car companies think you’re a loser for not buying their products. Remind me which brand never to buy if I do someday need a car. Rode Alpine Dam loop and threw in Paradise just for fun […]
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- An Overnight Bike Camping Kit April 19, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Thomas: I still enjoy/inspired by rereading....
- Daniel: The Philcentric has less adjustability than a stan...
- Robert: Does it allow enough adjustment for the entire cha...
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...