Yeah, I was wondering too. So last night I went to the Northern California Bike Touring and Camping social meetup to find out. Just as I thought! a bunch of crazy people climbing up the walls! It was actually a lot of fun, I got to meet other like-minded people and heard about past and [...]
Haven’t been riding as much in December as I normally would, but here are a few pics from fun things I’ve done. Bike Polo in the mission These guys play every week, and have some really neat bikes adapted specifically to their purposes. Super low gears, almost exclusively single speed or fixed gear, upright bars, [...]
The other day a nice British fellow named Nathan stopped by the shop. He’s in the middle of a multi-year, 25,000 mile bicycle tour from Alaska to the tip of South America. He stopped by for a new saddle and we invited him to our shop Christmas party which happened to be that same night. [...]
After using primarily Schwalbe tires for the last several years, I recently was given a set of Continental TopContact tires from the German sales rep to try out. These are Continental’s most advanced touring tires. My pair are 26×1.9″, or a claimed 50mm wide in a folding bead and 800 grams, or about 140 grams [...]
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- New Gear and Prepping Olivia’s Adventure December 20, 2012
- Tom Keenan: Dan, Congratulations on the article. Yea for t...
- Richard: You may not know but you are now using the Rohloff...
- Hernan Carrillo: Cheers Daniel! May life changes be good to you....
- Daniel: Thanks Nuno, glad to hear from you!...
- Nuno Pimenta: great trip. love the blog. I'm a fresh bike comu...