I’ve been in Utah now for three months, and it’s been an interesting experience. I came out to work at the Backroads warehouse working on fleet bikes, but left at the end of February. I’m now working at a really great pro-shop here in Salt Lake City called Contender Bicycles. Somebody I met recently was [...]
I’m back in Utah, Salt Lake City to be precise. The last time was in June, 2012 for my initial training with Backroads. Before I left the Bay Area, I was able catch up with some friends and family. One of these was Jim Thill, the owner of Hiawatha Cyclery, and formerly the writer of [...]
Olivia has finally gotten 99% of her gear together for the big New Zealand adventure. She picked up a neat little tool and I wanted to watch her try it for the first time. The Stein Mini Cassette Lockring Remover. This clever little tool takes the place of a conventional cassette removal tool setup, which [...]
It’s been a fun week watching Olivia receive box after box of new gear in preparation for her bikepacking adventure in New Zealand. These boxes are only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and came while I was house sitting/taking care of this little guy: I’ve been helping Olivia sort out her pack list, and [...]
I’ve had the chance to get out bike camping a couple times since coming back home in November, with friends Olivia and Aaron G. Here are a few pics. It felt great to sort through my gear again, figure out how to fit it into the bags the right way and hop on. [...]
My season with Backroads has come to an end and I’m laying low in California for the time being. Here are some photos from the last part of my adventures abroad. cialis order uk Before leaving Dubrovnik, we sat down for a cappuccino outside the walled city, and jumped into the Adriatic for a little [...]
Last week I was fortunate enough to be sent to Croatia as a roving mechanic for several days. Everybody at the office told me how wonderful Croatia is, but of course I was a bit skeptical. After arriving at 11pm during a rain storm, all I wanted to Buy Cialis Online Pharmacy do was get [...]
My time in the Czech Republic and Austria has come to an end. I’m back in France, living in Provence and working as a mechanic in the Backroads bike shop until the staff ride in Crete. Stay tuned for a report from my Roving Mechanic time in Croatia. Leading trips this season with Backroads has [...]
Ciclismo Cubano Cycling in Cuba Mandy’s Cycling Adventures Most of my month in Cuba was spent in Viñales, a small farming town on the west side of the island. Viñales has one of the most unique landscapes I have ever seen: order viagra pills red earth roads carving through lush green rolling hills, surrounded by [...]
My friend Mandy M recently returned from a great adventure in Cuba and wanted to share a bit about her experience there. This is Part One. Ciclismo Cubano: Cycling in Cuba Cuba is a count online pharmacy cialis ry that has long piqued my interest, for many reasons, including it being one of the [...]
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- New Gear and Prepping Olivia’s Adventure December 20, 2012
- Back On The Saddle, In The Tent December 10, 2012
- Richard: You may not know but you are now using the Rohloff...
- Hernan Carrillo: Cheers Daniel! May life changes be good to you....
- Daniel: Thanks Nuno, glad to hear from you!...
- Nuno Pimenta: great trip. love the blog. I'm a fresh bike comu...
- Daniel: I just used some white paint that was lying around...