I’m jumping back into the Blogosphere. It’s been a busy and challenging last several months, but I’ve arrived back in the Bay Area (living in Oak Land to be precise) and have lots of new things to write about. What I’m most excited about at the moment is something I’ve been working on for a […]
I’m back in Utah, Salt Lake City to be precise. The last time was in June, 2012 for my initial training with Backroads. Before I left the Bay Area, I was able catch up with some friends and family. One of these was Jim Thill, the owner of Hiawatha Cyclery, and formerly the writer of […]
Another Monday, another campout. After coffee at Rapha, I headed out to Walnut Creek on BART to camp in the hills. I had planned to camp alone, but when I stopped by Camera West to say hi to Dan, who sold me my new Fuji X-Pro1 and rides his Rivendell to work every day, he […]
Pushing the pedals reader Mandy M. sent me a couple pics of a very interesting bike she saw the other day on her ferry commute. Yes, I know, I’m thinking the same thing. Hopefully that’s not what’s left of the previous owner (Mandy’s joke). Seen on my morning commute to work. All the parts for […]
I just picked up a couple of rolls of film that had been kicking around in a shoebox for a few years from the photo shop. It’s so much fun to see what you have forgotten about, and re-experience memories. Here are a few images from those rolls.
Aaron, Jorge and I are having our sendoff party at Mojo Bicycle Cafe on August 7, around 6pm or so. Come say hi, have a beer, and bring your bike! Everybody’s welcome. On Tuesday I went out with longtime friend Bryan C for a dirt trip out to Samuel P Taylor State Park. We’ve known […]
The joint venture project between Soma Fabrications and Rivendell Bicycle Works has just arrived at the shop, and it’s called the SOMA San Marcos. nice fork crown and head tube lugs The frame is produced and distri
Last night Grant and I headed back up to High Rocky Place, in part because it’s still the toughest spot to get to, and also because on our last trip, the very strong wind blew a stuff sack containing some expensive camping gear off the cliff, which needed retrieving. (BTW, to see some of these […]
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- An Overnight Bike Camping Kit April 19, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Daniel: The Philcentric has less adjustability than a stan...
- Robert: Does it allow enough adjustment for the entire cha...
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...
- Peter: I purchased a 2010 Motobecane Fantom 29 on clearen...