To see Aaron’s initial review of the Surly Troll, it’s HERE. One year ago I built and reviewed a Surly Troll with a Rohloff Speedhub. Two chains, a few thousand miles and a couple of parts swaps later, the Troll is alive and shredding. Over the past year the Troll has performed […]
Another Monday, another campout. After coffee at Rapha, I headed out to Walnut Creek on BART to camp in the hills. I had planned to camp alone, but when I stopped by Camera West to say hi to Dan, who sold me my new Fuji X-Pro1 and rides his Rivendell to work every day, he […]
The other day an interesting guy came by the shop, his name is Siphay and he comes from France.He’s on a very long bike ride with some friends, riding a Surly Long Haul Trucker equipped with a Rohloff.
Yes, I know that NAHBS was two weeks ago. Quite a bit has happened since then, and this year is looking to be one filled with big changes for me. More info to come, but until then here are some of my favorite bikes from the show in Sacramento. First stop was the Retrotec/Inglis Cycles […]
Pushing the pedals reader Mandy M. sent me a couple pics of a very interesting bike she saw the other day on her ferry commute. Yes, I know, I’m thinking the same thing. Hopefully that’s not what’s left of the previous owner (Mandy’s joke). Seen on my morning commute to work. All the parts for […]
A few weeks ago Cass Gilbert emailed to say he would be in town soon and would I like to meet up and ride some trails? He’s taking a break from his tour from Alaska to Patagonia to visit friends in the US. We had never met, but I’d been interested to pick his brain […]
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- An Overnight Bike Camping Kit April 19, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Thomas: I still enjoy/inspired by rereading....
- Daniel: The Philcentric has less adjustability than a stan...
- Robert: Does it allow enough adjustment for the entire cha...
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...