Schwalbe has really dropped the ball on their current tire offerings for the expedition touring crowd. I just noticed that they have discontinued the Marathon Extreme tire in all sizes except for the 26×2.0” and 700x42mm. This means that Schwalbe has absolutely zero Marathon tires in the 26×2.25” size, which I believe is a huge […]
This week I went to a nearby place I’d never been, Angel Island.
Last night Grant and I headed back up to High Rocky Place, in part because it’s still the toughest spot to get to, and also because on our last trip, the very strong wind blew a stuff sack containing some expensive camping gear off the cliff, which needed retrieving. (BTW, to see some of these […]
I finally finished and delivered my dad’s new bike! He came by with my Grandpa on Saturday to pick it up, and I think it’s safe to say that he likes the bike. These are the kinds of projects I enjoy doing, where somebody basically says “Build me the touring bike of your dreams!” As […]
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...
- Peter: I purchased a 2010 Motobecane Fantom 29 on clearen...
- Daniel: I don't currently work in a shop, only writing fr...
- Isaiah: Sagely post, Daniel. It's too true that all the b...