To see Aaron’s initial review of the Surly Troll, it’s HERE. One year ago I built and reviewed a Surly Troll with a Rohloff Speedhub. Two chains, a few thousand miles and a couple of parts swaps later, the Troll is alive and shredding. Over the past year the Troll has performed […]
Yesterday I found this on the street: Scary, because it’s the same lock I use. It looks like it was cut with some kind of hydraulic bolt cutter, a very clean cut. Aaron and I got lucky with the weather on our overnight campout Monday. We started at the ferry building where we picked up some […]
The Mariachi is finally ready for Action. The last parts are in place, including this one:Eriksen Sweetpost.It has approximately twice the setback of my Thomson Elite post, and the brown hardware matches the mud that will inevitably be flung upon it. Now that the system is in place, it was time to give it a […]
A few weeks ago Cass Gilbert emailed to say he would be in town soon and would I like to meet up and ride some trails? He’s taking a break from his tour from Alaska to Patagonia to visit friends in the US. We had never met, but I’d been interested to pick his brain […]
Here’s a few more pictures from the trip, this time almost all cycle related. I’m still sorting through nearly 1000 pictures.
Aaron G, friend and Himalaya companion, recently built up a Surly Troll for our trip next month to India. Here’s his review! UPDATE! Long Term Review can be seen HERE. Introduction If you spend enough time hanging out with Daniel Molloy you will eventually find yourself building up a Rohloff touring bike. This was the […]
- Purchasing a Bicycle Direct May 3, 2012
- Claire’s first bike camping trip June 29, 2011
- Review: Aaron’s Surly Troll with Rohloff Speedhub July 14, 2011
- Guest Post: Ciclismo Cubano August 12, 2012
- Camping In The Hills, Tour Chasing May 16, 2012
- Agony, Mishaps and Bliss on the Colorado Trail September 12, 2013
- New Bunyan Velo Issue and Rivendell Popup Store May 28, 2013
- News From Mountain West April 5, 2013
- Destination Utah! January 28, 2013
- Stein Mini-Cassette Tool January 1, 2013
- Daniel: Hi Chris, when I rode the GDR in 2008,I was on a ...
- Chris: I've had some confusion about what bike you rode ...
- Peter: I purchased a 2010 Motobecane Fantom 29 on clearen...
- Daniel: I don't currently work in a shop, only writing fr...
- Isaiah: Sagely post, Daniel. It's too true that all the b...